The key ingredients of any Surf Camp are it’s location and proximity to good quality surf, the Surf House which provides a sociable environment for likeminded people to enjoy the surfing lifestyle and the Surf School team who will help you achieve your surfing goals!
Surf Camp Package in 'Famara' or 'La Santa'
Levels: Newbies, Beginners and Intermediates
Surf camp 7 days
With accommodation in the Surf House
- 7 nights self catering accommodation in the Surf House
- Other options of accommodation: apartments, detached bungalows and luxury villas with pools.
- 5 Day surf course (approx 15 hours in total)
- 5 days video correction
- 5 times Picnic at the beach
- 1 day extra rental equipment for free
- English & Spanish speaking qualified surf instructors
- All your surfing equipment for the duration of the lessons (board, wetsuit)
- Qualified instructors
- NSP AND Softdeck boards for beginners & wide range of epoxy boards for intermediates
- Civil liability & Sports insurance
- Low student to instructor ratio (max 1/8)
- Wif-fi internet access in the surf house
Our surf camp is based in La Caleta de Famara, a picturesque fishing village located on the North West coast of Lanzarote. The village sits on the edge of a stunning 6km long natural sandy beach protected by the “Los Riscos” cliff range and surrounded by a protected area of natural beauty. All surf courses are held on Playa Famara beach which was recently voted as one of Europes top watersports destinations thanks mainly due to it’s year round consistent waves suitable for all levels of surfers.
Our surf school is a recognised Canarian Oficial Surf School and watersports centre. The surf instructors are qualified via the Canaria Surfing Federation the only surf teacher tuition recognize in the islands and also of Europes Surfing Associations and they have all the necessary skills and patience to help you progress in a safe but fun environment. The coaching is specifically aimed at those who have never surfed before or those who have already taken some some lessons but feel they need to improve further. The surf lessons have a low student to instructor ratio and all students are placed with an instructor who specializes in teaching at a particular level. All the equipment used by the surf school is specifically designed for beginners and intermediates with safety being the key factor. Beginners will use softdeck boards specifically designed for both stability and safety. Intermediates will use Epoxy boards which provide a good blend of stability, manouverability and performance.
Our surf camp has an active social scene and typical aprés surf activities include BBQ’s and sun downers on the terrace, watching surf movies in the chill out lounge and watching live music alongside the local surfers at the sunset late night music bar etc.
The surf camp accommodation comprises of a traditional Canarian house located in the village of Famara plus a small complex of apartments located in the village of La Santa. Both are only meters away from the surf and easy walking distance to local amenities. The Famara surf house is ideal for single travellers or young friends who want to stay in a sociable environment and meet other surfers. All bedrooms are allocated on a single sex basis. The La Santa Surf Apartments are ideal for people or young couples who want to stay in private apartments. You can decide which property best suits your needs, taste and budget from the list of properties below.
Village Based Surf Camp
The key benefits are as follows:
- Great budget option!!!
- Picturesque village locations, popular with travelling surfers and kitesurfers, no mass tourism!
- Longest natural beach in Lanzarote (6km) set in a protected area of natural beauty
- Sociable surf house accommodation, only meters from the ocean and surf/kitesurf beach
- Private apartments in the legendary surfing area and village of La Santa
- Good choice of tapas bars & restaurants, local shops and surf shops
- Additional activities on your doorstep including stand up paddle, mountain biking, trekking, fishing etc