Everybody is welcome from absolute beginners who want to learn to surf, to Intermediates who have completed a surf course elsewhere and need to improve at one of our surf clinics. Our surf camp has been designed to appeal to a wide range of guests from single travellers who want to stay in a sociable place, meet likeminded people and enjoy the aprés surf nightlife; to couples or friends who want to stay in private apartments and perhaps enjoy just chilling out around the pool & head out in the evenings to sample some of the local cuisine. And of course non surfing guests are catered for and there’s plenty of non surf activities to keep the more active entertained.
Surf Camp Package - Famara
Levels: Newbies, Beginners and Intermediates
- 7 Nights self catering accommodation in Famara village
- Car hire possibility
- Official surf school
- 5 Day surf course including picnic lunch (approx 20 hours in total)
- Spanish / English / German speaking qualified surf instructors
- Surfing equipment for the duration of the lessons (board, wetsuit )
- Softdeck boards for beginners & epoxy boards for intermediates
- 5 days video correction in our theorie room in the surf school facilities
- Civil and sport liability insurance
- Low student to instructor ratio (max 1/8)
- Warm showers and changing rooms.
The base for our surf camp is a little resort in Costa Teguise located only 20 min drive from the surf spot in Famara.
The year round pleasant climate, excellent sporting facilities and major sporting events combine to make it one of Europe’s top adventure and extreme sports locations.
Our surf camp is located in a quiet part of the resort only 400m from “Las Cucharas” beach and a few minutes walk from local amenities and nightlife.
All surf courses are held in Playa Famara a stunning bay and 6km long natural sandy beach set in the foothills of the “Los Riscos” cliff range. This unspoilt natural environment never fails to make surfing in Lanzarote a unique and memorable experience!
Our surf school is a recognised Official Surf School and watersports centre. The surf instructors are qualified via the Canaria Surfing Federation and they have all the necessary skills and patience to help you progress in a safe but fun environment. The coaching is specifically aimed at those who have never surfed before or those who have already taken some some lessons but feel they need to improve further. The surf lessons have a low student to instructor ratio and all students are placed with an instructor who specializes in teaching at a particular level. All the equipment used by the surf school is specifically designed for beginners and intermediates with safety being the key factor. Beginners will use softdeck boards specifically designed for both stability and safety. Intermediates will use Epoxy boards which provide a good blend of stability, manouverability and performance.
Our surf camp has an active social scene and typical aprés surf activities include BBQ’s and sun downers on the terrace, or if you prefer you can head into the resort centre to sample the legendary laid back Canarian nightlife in the many bars/restaurants or watch live music alongside the locals in the main square etc.
Our surf complex comprises of 40 recently modernised self catering studios centered around a landscaped gardens and pool area. In each studio there is a kitchenette which is adequately equipped with a microwave, fridge and hob. Each studio has two twin beds and an additional sofa bed (suitable for an infant). The studios all have a full family bathroom and a breakfast bar dining area. The rooms are equipped with a pay-per-view TV and safes and hairdryers can also be rented. Cots are supplied free of charge for infants under 2 years old. Each apartment has patio doors leading to a balcony which overlooks the pool.
Resort Based Surf Camp
The key benefits are as follows:
- Resort location with good beaches and facilities
- Resort accommodation with a wider range of facilities including swimming pool & free wifi access
- Wider choice of bars, restaurants and clubs to enjoy the aprés surf nightlife from dusk til dawn
- Additional activities on your doorstep including windsurfing, stand up paddle, diving, mountain biking, trekking, golf etc